(urth) Like a good Neighbor

Sergei SOLOVIEV soloviev at irit.fr
Tue Nov 22 04:01:20 PST 2011

I consider this question as much more important than many questions
fiercely discussed (like whether Horn did really die in the pit). I do not
see any obvious answer, except, maybe, that she is
replacing in some sense Hyacinth for him (that it is is
part of his soul recovery). About Hyacinth, by the way:
what do you think, was she "bad" or "good" for Silk's
soul? I think it is more important from Wolfe's point
of view than was she physically a transsexual or a woman.
It seems that while in BoTLS it is not obvious (and
the love story is very "romantic"), the beginning
of the RttW implies that she was a positive mortal
danger, a catastrophe.

Sergei