(urth) Like a good Neighbor

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Mon Nov 21 11:28:19 PST 2011

From: James Wynn
> On 11/21/2011 1:04 PM, Gerry Quinn wrote:

> > If by “OUR Neighbour” you mean that he replaced Horn, it seems you
> > must conclude that he replaced a Horn who was alive and healthy,
> > albeit in a bad situation, because surely Horn was substantially
> > recovered from his fall – however he recovered – by the time Krait came.

> Okay. It happened after Krait went away and before he came back. I don't
> think so. I'm pretty certain that is a faulty reading. But fine.
She stared at me then as if I were some horror from the grave, and screamed. I can never forget that scream.

And I lay in the pit, as before. The Short Sun was burning gold.

It had crossed the pit and vanished on the other side an hour or two before, when the inhumu returned.

Good luck finding a better reading.  It looks pretty watertight to me.

> AND before that Horn died in the pit and was resurrected.

Your theory would seem to demand that.  So who is long-nose and what is his purpose?

- Gerry Quinn