(urth) Like a good Neighbor

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Mon Nov 21 07:20:14 PST 2011

From: Lee Berman

> >If I were Marc, I should be far less offended by those who honestly disagree with his
> >theories [which indeed to many of us are seriously out to lunch, and we honestly say so]
> >than by your apparent belief that he can be manipulated into becoming a proxy warrior for
> >your attempts to render this list a comfortable environment for torrents of un-thought out
> >drivel.
> >I have noted also your recent attempts to get Marc to change his theory so it becomes vague,
> >ambiguous, meaningless, and therefore hard to falsify. If you were honest, you’d instead have
> >told him what you think is right about it and what you think is wrong with it.

> I don't think you are very good at understanding Marc, Gerry. But I do think that was a very
> honest post on your part by calling his theories "out to lunch" and a "torrent of unthought
> out drivel".

Marc’s theories, whatever one thinks about their likelihood and coherence, are thought out.  He does not babble daily in a new direction based on a new bit of random noise.

> I can see why you don't find those insulting words to be offensive. You, yourself,
> seem to relish and thrive on personal attacks against you so it makes sense that you are trying
> to follow The Golden Rule.

Interesting that you admit for the first time your history of personal attacks on me, rather than accusing me of what is your technique, not mine.  Why the change?

> You also honestly make it clear you hope to make this an uncomfortable environment for certain
> people. I really appreciate that blunt statement of your intentions and goals here. It is what
> I've been saying about you for a while and I appreciate your affirmation. This "sowing seeds of
> discontent among your enemies" is a new tactic for you Gerry. It will be interesting where you
> go with it.

I shan’t comment further.  I think everyone on this list can see your tactics for what they are.

- Gerry Quinn