(urth) Like a good Neighbor

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Mon Nov 21 05:02:00 PST 2011

From: Lee Berman

> >So you’re saying that Silk is a Neighbour?  Because, IIRC, it was Silk
> >you were identifying with a faun.

> Were you unaware of James' theory that Silk is combined with the essence
> of a Neighbor (who are faerie and fauns).
Yes, but as I understand it James’s theory supposes that this combination happened when Horn returned to the Whorl.  Your attempts to identify Silk with a faun are based on certain syllables of epithets he was given by the inhabitants of the Whorl [for unrelated reasons clearly explained in the text, which you chose to completely ignore] at a period *before* Horn returned.
- Gerry Quinn