(urth) Like a good Neighbor

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Sun Nov 20 11:18:52 PST 2011

From: James Wynn
> Gerry's mistake (one of them) is thinking that all the Neighbors must be acting
> in concert, always with larger ultimate plan in mind. If we were talking about
> a human character, he wouldn't make that mistake.
I don’t think that about Neighbours and I don;t know where you think I have suggested it.  Like humans, they clearly do often act in concert.

 > Just because a young faerie has acted to resurrect Horn out of personal guilt
> does not mean he stopped to plan beyond that decision.

I can’t understand how you entertain this hypothesis.  Are you saying Horn was dead or alive when he noticed a Neighbour bending over him?  If the Neighbour waited for him to die, or actively killed him, he’d have had time to notice that Horn was stuck in a pit.  Maybe he thought humans could fly.

Also, if “Glittering eyes and sharp faces came and went” refers to Neighbours, there must have been more than one of them.  Surely they would have dissuaded their comrade, or helped him if they could not dissuade him.  Or just reminded him of what he was.

Horn didn’t die in the pit.  There’s nothing that strongly indicates that he did and a million things that make it obvious that he didn’t.

- Gerry Quinn