(urth) Like a good Neighbor

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 19 20:05:42 PST 2011

>David Stockhoff: Any male human body would respond to Seawrack's singing with rape.
>That's what it does to the male of the species. So it matters less what
>is actually animating that body. Maybe Silk would have found a way to
>avoid it (Ulysses did).

My answer exactly. Sexuality is of the flesh. A spirit entering a gendered body will

respond according to the house it finds itself in. A demon becomes an incubus or succubus

depending on the sort of body it possesses while on earth. I think something similar is

going on with the sexuality of inhumi.

Hm. Horn in OBW does seem a bit like Odysseus, who leaves his faithful wife and loyal son

to go on a mandated oceanic journey. Unfortunately Horn didn't have quite the same large

and experienced crew, who filled their ears with wax and lashed Odysseus to the mast as they

passed the sirens, iirc. Odysseus begged them to free him (but they couldn't hear).

Anyway, giving Horn protection from attacks by non-human creatures seems to be at least part

of Babbie's role. I consider Seawrack to be such an attack. Krait also, and that crusty,

multi-limbed thing from the sea too. Babbie does his best in each case.