(urth) Fwd: Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 17:27:49 PST 2011

No dia 19/11/2011, às 00:02, James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com> escreveu:

>>> Marc and I agree with how Silk is reanimated in front of Hyacinth's casket.
>>
>>> It is just that I think the same process occurred for Horn.
>>

>> António Pedro Marques wrote:
>> But you're not at all describing it as the same.
>>
>> - Horn physically dies and is resurrected (how at all?) with a Neighbour's spirit who acquires his personality (how, alzabo-wise)?
>
> It is exactly the same process for Silk as for Horn.
> Horn vacates his body. The Neighbor enters. Silk vacates his body. The Neighbor enters.

Well, this is what I thought was happening:
- if Horn dies at the pit, it's because his body is broken, not his spirit; if his spirit leaves it's because the body is no longer able to sustain one
- with Silk it's the opposite: there's no big problem with the body, but the spirit is broken

I see you claim that Silk's body wasn't actually all that well and died/would die as well, not for lack of spirit but for self-harm. I think that may work, but it's just not the reading I had.

>>> - After Horn's and/or Neighbour pretending to be Horn's spirit enters Silk, Silk's spirit remains dormant for long, but if we are to believe the preceding point then that would have happened all the same. So it's different from Horn's assumed death at the pit.
>>

> Silk is not there. His memories are there because the Neighbor has merged with his body. And the Neighbor, who makes a choice to identify as Horn out of guilt for killing him, still recalls when he was merged with Horn's body. He remembers Horn's memories.
> But Horn's spirit is gone. Silk's spirit is gone. Now Horn's body is gone. But the Neighbor's devotion to the memory of Horn remains.

But if all that's left of Silk are memories, then all the abilities and personality traits we observe in the Rajan and have speculated are Related to Typhon's should actually be the Neighbour's.

(Is Typhon a Neighbour? Good LORD, is Typhon the Rajan, not in metaphor but factually???)