(urth) The Osiris complex

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 14:36:26 PST 2011

On 11/18/2011 3:18 PM, David Stockhoff wrote:
> I thought so. The Wiki, which is my source for quick, cut-and-paste
> info, doesn't mention that name, although she is associated with
> Cyprus so perhaps that's it (misspelled of course).

As with Sphigx, Wolfe is using the transliterated name.
Aphrodite/Kypris is an older god than Zeus who sort of adopted her but
IIRC got it on with her as well.
And Eros (Cupid), eventually adopted by Aphrodite, is older still.
In Greek mythology, the older you are, the younger you are ultimately
portrayed.