(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 19:20:52 PST 2011

On 11/17/2011 8:44 PM, Marc Aramini wrote:
> If a myth and the text don't congeal, I tend to follow the textual
> patterns (the sheer page count devoted to distinguishing between the
> appearance of Chenille and Silk inexorably leads me to deny any
> genetic relationship between them and the reason I read that "son not
> of my body" so differently than you - a "bought" son).

Ironically, the "not the son of my body, my son" explanation was totally
generated from textual clues and a hint from Wolfe and it has turned out
to be the one I find the most unrealiable in the long run. I agree that
the number of references to Chenille looking so different from Silk are
problematic. Of course, the mere fact that Wolfe is soooo emphatic about
how they look different makes me suspicious as well.  As I said, I have
to accept that Silk is a clone of Typhon. This seriously savages my
"son" theory unless Tussah is a clone of Typhon's father (a man we have
reason to doubt even existed). And, anyway, that would devastate so many
of the reasons I found the explanation appealing.

I'm still not happy with the "bought son" idea. I find it very unWolfean.