(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Thu Nov 17 13:38:16 PST 2011

From: Lee Berman

> > Gerry Quinn: What you seem to be saying here is that anyone who disagrees
> > that lianas and inhumi are biologically connected is lying or stupid or both.
> > That says more about you than about me.

> It isn't really your disagreement which I would consider playacting. It is more your
> assertion that such a clear and understandable idea as James' is so ridiculous as to be
> out of the realm of possible interpretations.
That lianas are inhumi?  I’m sorry, but while I find it understandable as a logical concept (that any A could actually be a form of any B) I don’t find it at all clear as a biological concept.  Nor do I see why it is necessary.
> There is a little part of your brain which
> knows that is a clever and insightful idea and that it may well represent what Wolfe intended.

I don’t think it can represent what Wolfe intended.  In SF a creature may well be both plant and animal, but I don’t see the evidence that Wolfe is using such a concept here.
And what exactly is this “tracking” between the various plants and animals that you are proposing?
- Gerry Quinn