(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Thu Nov 17 13:00:01 PST 2011

On 11/17/2011 3:52 PM, James Wynn wrote:

> David Stockhoff wrote:
>>
>> Also, I thought we already knew Oreb was possessed by Scylla. (Who
>> killed Pas.) Is that not enough---or do I have it wrong?
>
> It was established that Scylla possessed Oreb after Pas was
> resurrected. She is on the run.

Ah. I had assumed the only reason he spoke was because he was possessed.

>> Why is Silk the phallus? I just want to keep my eyes open for more
>> pieces.
>
> Silk is the phallus because he is sent to Mainframe to supplement Pas
> after the resurrection.

There must be a map to the Osiris legend here I don;t get.

>> Presumably all these people containing Pas have to die on the Whorl
>> for Pas to get his stuff back. I'd guess there are a dozen or so
>> pieces. Hmm
>
> No. Sand's sacrifice was apparently required, but Jaculus only died
> when Pas left because Pas was keeping him alive. A woman was
> required--Auk assumed she would have to be sacrificed but apparently
> she only needed to be presented. By the same token, unless Oreb was
> being artificially kept alive, he only needed to perch in front of a
> Sacred Window or monitor to be reintegrated.

Why wouldn't Pas be keeping all his human hosts alive? That was my
assumption. They all must be aged at this point.

As for further cases, granted, he had to be at a Window, so that narrows
it down quite a bit. I don;t recall any other deaths at windows. My
estimate of a dozen was based on how many phallus-level body parts there
are. They couldn't all be in Viron.