(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Thu Nov 17 12:16:14 PST 2011

On 11/17/2011 3:02 PM, James Wynn wrote:
>>> Pan is significant for being the only god to have died in historical
>>> time.
>> Dan'l Danehy-Oakes wrote:
>> Um. Dionysius?
>
> Not in "historical time". Plutarch related the story of the
> annunciation of the death of Pas around 70BC.
>
> On 11/17/2011 1:51 PM, David Stockhoff wrote:
>> Interesting. Does the myth dictate any particular number of body
>> parts or name them? How does the scheme work---did the patera have an
>> arm or leg, or was it part of Pas's mind as the text sort of suggests?
>
> Other than the phallus, the parts aren't specified. I don't think it
> is as literal as that. Pas is a software entity. The point is that
> there are incomplete elements of him scattered about.

Why is Silk the phallus? I just want to keep my eyes open for more pieces.

Presumably all these people containing Pas have to die on the Whorl for
Pas to get his stuff back. I'd guess there are a dozen or so pieces. Hmm ...

Quetzal is exempt because invisible to the gods. Who else dies ... ?
Blood, Musk, Lemur, the first flier, the several fliers, Mamelta, Crane,
the talus, Spider's men, Eland, Tati, several killed in the tunnels with
Incus and Hammerstone. Pike, Auk's brother before the story begins. None
of these leap out. Should we just assume they are scattered all over the
Whorl and we never see most of them?