(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Thu Nov 17 11:51:12 PST 2011

On 11/17/2011 2:03 PM, James Wynn wrote:
> On 11/17/2011 11:55 AM, David Stockhoff wrote:
>> On 11/17/2011 12:28 PM,

>>> Dan'l Danehy-Oakes wrote:
>>> But the fact that Pas is dead at that point seems to me to make it
>>> unlikely that he could possess Oreb, no?
>>>

>> David Stockoff wrote:
>> Tartarus, the dark god of black animals who worked to revive Pas,
>> seems a more likely suspect.
>
> I kind of like the idea of Pas on the business end of a sacrifice.
> Also, there is the whole (quite intentional) Osiris motif in which
> Isis (Kypris) has to run around gathering parts of the god after he
> has been murdered. We have Patera Jaculus and we probably have Sand.
> I'd like more parts. There's Silk, but he's the phallus part that was
> missing that has to be added after his resurrection.

Interesting. Does the myth dictate any particular number of body parts
or name them? How does the scheme work---did the patera have an arm or
leg, or was it part of Pas's mind as the text sort of suggests?

I also suspected that Pas took something from Sand, but had nowhere to
go with it. Was it his heart (Tin Man), which is why Sand calls Violet
"Plutonium"?

Also, I thought we already knew Oreb was possessed by Scylla. (Who
killed Pas.) Is that not enough---or do I have it wrong?