(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 07:18:56 PST 2011

> David Stockhoff wrote:
> I'd still like to know if you think Horn can fade into the background
> without dying. That's my literal sense of it---he just gives up.

Based on my interpretation, there is no "Horn" left to die. His spirit
left when he broke his neck in the pit (I'm guessing that since Seawrack
and Babbie could plainly tell that he was dead by looking at him). His
body and brain died on Green and were left behind. All that is left is
what the Neighbor *remembers* of his memories and his mission. The Horn
does not possess the Neighbor. The Neighbor is imitating Horn out of
guilt for (as he sees it) killing him. It is again the whole trope of
"imitating in order to become". To the extent that Silk possesses the
Rajan, well that is just very hard to say. All of Silk's memories are
there in physical form. I'm sure it can be very confusing at times. He
seems to come to some degree of equanimity at the end of the story but
who can tell?