(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Wed Nov 16 10:29:29 PST 2011

From: James Wynn

> On 11/16/2011 11:54 AM, Gerry Quinn wrote:

> > <Sigh> She follows him around and helps him – you did notice that, I
> > trust? I’ve endeavoured to explain her motivations, but regardless of
> > her motivations her actions are pretty consistent.

> Why is she hanging out with her own "Oreb"?
Is she?  Mucor, Pike and Oreb appear at roughly the same time and place, but no one of them is actually “with” any other.
Silk wakes up and sees Oreb hop out the window.  Then he sees Mucor by his bed.  Mucor vanishes.  He goes down and interrogates Oreb, who denies being there, although Silk doesn’t believe him.  [Silk thinks Oreb was frightened by Mucor and jumped out the windows, dropping down to the kitchen window below.  We aren’t told whether this is what happened or not, but it’s at least possible.]  Silk hears noises upstairs again and goes up.  This time he sees Pike’s ghost.  He recognises “the aged augur” as Pike.  No staves or missing eyes are mentioned.  No bird is present.
Pike is wearing a blue-trimmed calot hat – does the Rajan wear such a thing?
I don’t know where Pike’s ghost comes from.  But I am unconvinced that he is Silk from the future.  Does Pike look like Silk?  He should look like Blood, if anyone.
- Gerry Quinn