(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Wed Nov 16 09:14:59 PST 2011

From: David Stockhoff
> > This is a completely different situation. In your examples we have
> > Wolfe putting in obvious anomalies that need clearing up. In the
> > examples I’m talking about, the anomalies are absent where, if a
> > (generally unlikely) theory were valid, they would be expected to be
> > present.

> I have tried to show that this is not the case at all. At least not in
> terms of Mucor's weight. whatever that means in an astral body.
Hard to know, but I don’t see her appearance in the bedroom as so anomalous compared to her other manifestations, which are really rather various – her repertoire includes ghostlike appearances, mirror appearances and possessions.

> What reason did present-Mucor have to be there?

She’s been tracking Silk since she met him, or at least since the exorcism.  During the exorcism at least she noticed him as special, filled  - presumably by the Outsider - when everyone else appeared hollow.  [Poppy, who was possessed, reports this.]

Devils are attracted to gods; perhaps they seek surcease from their pain.  We are told they even enter Mainframe, though the gods delete them.  Whatever of that, Mucor is attracted to Silk – perhaps she believes he will help her, or she wants to make love to him (as she proposes when possessing Mamelta).  Very likely she does not know exactly what she wants; she is a very confused and damaged young girl.   But she follows Silk, and protects and helps him, even if some of her appearances are alarming.

- Gerry Quinn