(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 16 08:38:15 PST 2011

I CAUGHT THE BALL, I WON THE GAME
>Antonio Pedro Marques: But does no one connect that phrase with the opening
>scene of the BLS?

>Marc Aramini: Yes, that is the opening of BtLS where SILK catches the ball.
>He's Silk again, just Silk in denial.

I have a different interpretation.  What I think is being forgotten is (IIRC)
that Silk catches the ball and wins the game for the younger boys by intercepting
a pass to Horn, who would have won the game for the older boys. Silk does not glory
in his win, but considers it a teachable moment. It is youthful Horn who is chagrined
and I tend to connect the exultant phrase above more with Horn.

But here is the main thing: In that scene, Silk is a Father-figure.  Horn is a
Son-figure. At that moment, Silk is enlightened by The Outsider, so the Holy
Spirit is there also.

This is one reason why I find James' theory of Silk/Horn/Neighbor is so powerful.
Matched with the first scene in the story (as it must be), this scene/phrase is
one of consolidation/unification, rather than separation (imho).