(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 18:49:13 PST 2011

>> So, I doubt that the "Good-bye" text is a true farewell. But still it
>> troubles me.
>>

> António Pedro Marques wrote:
> It's a farewell because he wrote it when he thought he'd be killed
> soon. It needn't trouble you.

You might be right. But I don't really think you appreciate why it
bothers me. Why doesn't the Rajan say good-bye to Seawrack, or Pig, or
any of the other people he has met on his travels? Why only to Horn's
family? I can think of two reasons, but I'm not inclined to pick them up
unless I can comfortably dispose of Marc's substantial explanation: We
are being signalled that (in some way) Horn is dying at this point in
the story.