(urth) Violet = Plutonium?

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Mon Nov 14 06:29:37 PST 2011

On 11/14/2011 9:04 AM, James Wynn wrote:
> On 11/14/2011 7:54 AM, David Stockhoff wrote:
>> The median path might be that Sand's flirty joke is supposed to tell
>> us something about Sand. He behaves in a very commanding, deliberate
>> way after Auk resurrects him and he appears to be operating on his
>> own with his own "knot." Has he changed?
>
> For the record, I originally assumed the name thing was evidence that
> of a glitch after Sand's repair. But that does not mean (as I
> suspected) that Sand's error was not also based on some unobvious
> truth. That is the Way of the Wolfe.

Say it, brother.

Lee's comment suggests to me that, since plutonium is never otherwise
mentioned but may well be the source of chem energy (i.e., they have
nuclear powerplants in the mode of Iron Man's suit), that Sand may be
calling Violet something like "my heart." Whether that is flirty or an
expression of true love I don't know.

Perhaps Sand, who has no chem girlfriend I can recall, has "switched
teams" and now "thinks" he's human and likes human girls. Perhaps he is
possessed, although I couldn't guess by whom, or doubled. Another
subplot that you'd expect to have received more ink if it meant something.

Speculation and mirrors.