(urth) Violet = Plutonium?

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Sun Nov 13 13:47:58 PST 2011

On 11/13/2011 4:32 PM, Sergei SOLOVIEV wrote:
> But it was you who developed the story several steps forward (to
> hypothetic
> meeting between Siyuf and war minister at Trivigaunte). I think her uses
> described in the text are only "tactical" - during the fighting in Viron.

My post was mainly about Violet sleeping with Siyuf. If Violet is a chem
who fooled Siyuf, then the Minister would not be a danger to Siyuf 2. If
she is not, then one can only wonder.

> By the way, the technology used to create chem "doubles" of
> councillors seems
> more advanced than to create ordinary chems. Also we know
> very little about chem officers (but we see that the capacities
> of Sand are greater than of soldiers)

Definitely. That's not by the way at all---it seems like a strong argument.

> My impression concerning "Plutonium" is that Wolfe wanted
> to show us that chems are able to "flirt" and joke. Sand understands very
> well that Violet is human but since he thinks that she is
> Viron spy (or double agent) - works FOR Viron, he makes a
> good-hearted  joke.

Thanks. That was my assumption for about 20 years, but rereading about
Siyuf 2 got me thinking---always dangerous.