(urth) vanished people=Hieros

Nick Lee starwaterstrain at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 14:42:52 PST 2011

Jeff Wilson:

Apollo not a hunter? God of the bow, stalker and slayer of the python,
> tracker of stolen cattle, stalker and taker of infant Hermes, relentless
> pursuer of Daphne, co-stalker and co-slayer of Niobe's children, cast in
> bronze at his Pompeii temple in the same archery pose as his hunting
> goddess twin sister's bronze at her Pompeii temple? That
> Apollo-not-a-hunter?

You may be overstating your point. Apollo's the god of archery.
Wikipedia is as far as you need to go to find that out. Also, when *I*
searched for Apollo+Hunter, this was the first link:

http://www.infoplease.com/cig/mythology/night-hunters-artemis-apollo.html

Gerry Quinn:

*Maybe I am.  I’m not following any particular school, just using the
interpretive methods that seem right to me in the context of
understanding Wolfe. *

You go outside the bounds of New Criticism when you discuss authorial intent.