(urth) vanished people=Hieros

Jeff Wilson jwilson at clueland.com
Sat Nov 12 12:53:14 PST 2011

On 11/11/2011 8:11 AM, Lee Berman wrote:

>> Of course, Apollo is a hunter and was god of the sun along with arts and
>> lyres and pythons, and probably more prominent in the mind of a
>> classically educated Englishman than a muslim Afganistani.
>

> This is off the mark. I did an Apollo+hunter search, just to check, and found mostly
>
> statements to the contrary, "Apollo is not a hunter".

Apollo not a hunter? God of the bow, stalker and slayer of the python,
tracker of stolen cattle, stalker and taker of infant Hermes, relentless
pursuer of Daphne, co-stalker and co-slayer of Niobe's children, cast in
bronze at his Pompeii temple in the same archery pose as his hunting
goddess twin sister's bronze at her Pompeii temple? That
Apollo-not-a-hunter?

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at clueland.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >