(urth) This week in Google alerts

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 09:20:17 PDT 2011

--- On Sat, 11/5/11, Gerry Quinn <gerry at bindweed.com> wrote:

From: Gerry Quinn <gerry at bindweed.com>
Subject: Re: (urth) This week in Google alerts
Date: Saturday, November 5, 2011, 9:06 AM

From: Marc Aramini

> He said in response to my question about the that Green is urth.  Green is, of course, Urth's future.
> This  is the rise of the green man, and the ruins on green are all that remains of Nessus.

Earlier you quoted:  “
we on Blue must come together in brotherhood before our own whorl becomes what Green already is”.

Green can be Urth in metaphor, but not in objective reality (leaving all else aside, where’s Lune and what’s Blue?).  So too with inhumi and lianas.

And the brush that comes to life is a metaphor too, for the effect of the life bringing New Sun on moribund Urth.

- Gerry Quinn

He corrected me that Blue was most definitely not Urth.  Is such a correction necessary in metaphor?  I asked him if Silk passing through the same passage that the ship in UotNS past through would result in him winding up on past Urth from it's future (Blue), and his response was, No, no, NO!  Green is Urth.  This is a very specific correction.  It's not a metaphor.  It's concrete.   And there was the mechanism I was looking for.  It's the same place, metaphorically, concretely, absolutely.  However you want to cut it.  Otherwise that mechanism and all the speculation about, asking myself about what I had really meant thinking about green etc etc from the narrator IS just white noise.