(urth) Hyacinth

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 15:39:05 PDT 2011

David Stockhoff wrote (03-11-2011 22:13):
> On 11/3/2011 5:40 PM, António Pedro Marques wrote:
>>
>> In matters of opinion, you have showed no problems in asserting stuff
>> without qualification. In a matter of fact such as this, you take care to
>> place such caveats. How is the unwary reader to know what is established
>> and what is conjecture?
>> You should moderate your temper, btw.
>
> JAMES should?

Whoever is unable to maintain civil language, whoever can't face a question
without snapping, should.

> Never mind---I don't follow it anyway. If you guys have an old argument to
> revive, well ... you know.

I have no argument here. I was puzzled first by James apparently not
remembering Hy-as-Fava having been discussed at painful length not so long
ago, then by his apparent uncertainty as to Pig's language. Should Gene
Wolfe have done something like that in one of his books, it would constitute
'clues' to some mystery.