(urth) This week in Google Alerts

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 13:22:24 PDT 2011

On 11/3/2011 2:57 PM, Lee Berman wrote:
>> Sergei Soloviev: I mostly agree with the idea, but what human sacrifice by Baldanders do
>> >you mean?  For Baldanders, it is scientific research, even if he takes some humans
>> >to open and may forget them on the operation table (like the poor girl in the tower).
> Apologies. I was being deliberately broad in my use of the word "sacrifice" to add some
> color to my post as well as make a point.

I'm not so sure.
Sev coming to overthrow Baldanders..a woman outstretched on the table.
Silk slaying Blood as Marble sits with her hand outstretched.
Able encountering the woman laid out on a stone table to be sacrificed
to the dragon as he enters the cave at the end of The Knight.

I think Wolfe had a specific tableau for each of these climactic scenes.