(urth) This week in Google Alerts

Jeff Wilson jwilson at clueland.com
Thu Nov 3 12:18:01 PDT 2011

On 11/3/2011 7:10 AM, Lee Berman wrote:

>> Dan'l: TBotNS is far enough in the future that mountains containing the ruins
>> of long-buried cities have risen. This is not on the order of 20 or 30
>> thousand years; it is millions.
>
>> The cliff face with strata of artifacts could easily be the result of an
>> earthquake, or it could have been a mountain that was extensively tunneled
>> and filled with artifacts the left to chiliads of neglect, like Mt Typhon.
>> Recognizeable constellations between Sev's and Apu's time put an upper
>> limit of about 100K years on their separation.
>
> I agree with Dan'l. Earthquakes and mining can invert or disrupt many layers
> of rock strata with imbedded fossils and artifacts but they can't create them.
> Only time can do that.

While fossils can last for millions and billions of years, remains can
become fossilized in as little as a few thousand years. If the cliff in
LICTOR, ch XIII was an old landfill, the entire thickness could be less
than 20K years old, even if a league really is three mmiles.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at clueland.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >