(urth) Hyacinth

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 08:11:31 PDT 2011

quite simply it is the name, the fake breasts, here surprising ability to fight, and the statue of Catamitus that is near her room when Silk breaks in.  On the other hand, Blood has Musk, and its his villa, so maybe the Hyacinthus/hyacinth connection, while valid in light of the hyacinth flower blooming at the end of Short Sun, is not necessarily applicable in terms of gender, but the statue of Catamitus is a bit thematically suggestive.