(urth) This week in Google Alerts

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 12:39:29 PDT 2011

> On 10/31/2011 8:36 PM, Matthew Keeley wrote:
> The happy reviewer of Shadow states that Urth is "clearly" part of
> Earth's future. When was this list last so sure of anything about a
> Wolfe book?

//I think there is little to be gained in understanding Urth as anything
but is the future of our Earth.
Perhaps there is some geekish appeal positing that it is the future of
an Earth in some parallel-dimension/universe. But for understanding the
story and backdrop, there is little value one way or the other.

I think the interest in this debate in founded in ret-conning Briah to
be theologically orthodox Christian. But with all the appeals to a
gnostic framework in the story, why bother?