(urth) Pike/Oreb

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Tue Nov 1 10:50:25 PDT 2011

larry miller wrote

> Started reading Lake of Long Sun last night and Im totally confused
> about the appearance of Patera Pike and Oreb in Silks room.  I know
> there was some mention of this last week in a few posts but I didnt
> want to chime in until I read it.  Thing is I still have no clue as to
> what to make of it.  Anyone out there have any idea what to make of
> that sequence?
>
>  My conclusion a while back is that it wasn't actually Patera Pike he saw,
but his older self astral-traveling back in time, and bringing Oreb along.
The BOTSS novels show Silk using this ability quite a bit.

I have a short article discussing that and other theories about the
apparition on the Wolfe Wiki:
http://www.wolfewiki.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=LakeOfTheLongSun.TheHolyGhost