(urth) Pike's Ghost

Sergei SOLOVIEV soloviev at irit.fr
Mon Nov 28 03:18:49 PST 2011

We still can ask whether Baldanders and Talos had chosen their names
themselves (or Baldanders had chosen for Talos) - implicitly, for ordinary
people in Wolfe's worlds the names are chosen by parents, but for
extraordinary people? It is naive to think that Wolfe just has chosen
the mythological names - he may want to say that the personages have
chosen these names and this says something about their character.

Sergei Soloviev