(urth) Like a good Neighbor

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 25 20:26:39 PST 2011

>Gerry Quinn:  Apparently there was no sapient life on Green before the

>Neighbours developed space technology and went there.  Inhumi were just

>like animals, and even if they flew by accident to Blue they never caused

>a problem there.  After the Neighbours came to Green, the inhumi preyed

>upon them and became intelligent.  This was long before the arrival of the

>Whorl.

This is an interesting post. You see, yet you do not SEE. It is correct that

inhumi were not intelligent before Neigbors arrived on Green. That's because

inhumi never had an intelligent host because they had never been off Green,

nor did they have the means to leave. Neighbors provided them their first

space travel.

There is no "accidental" flight to Blue. I hope you are not suggesting two

planets could be so close as to share an atmosphere and not crash into each

other via gravitational pull. It would spell disaster if our moon got that

close. Another earth-sized planet that close would result in a collision and

rapid obliteration for both.

As has been established in this conversation, inhumi spaceflight could only

come about through very highly specialized, directed evolution. First they

would have to evolve muscles which achieve near-rocket-power thrust to

propel them to escape velocity. This velocity would have to be achieved long

before they reached the end of the atmosphere because their wings rely on air

to propel them.

Then they would have to evolve the ability to jetison every drop of water from

every cell in their body and let their mummified, dry bodies rely on inertia to

accurately get them to Blue. Then, if they didn't burn up entering Blue's

atmosphere they'd have to evolve the ability to regenerate their bone-dry husk

of a body from Blue's salt water (which does not exist on Green).

That ain't no accident. If inhumi could do all that and fly to Blue then they

are evolved to do so and would, en masse. So, how can you casually postultate

they accidentally flew to Blue but didn't cause any trouble? The entire argument

is fishy (heh) from begining to end. I see no reason to ignore that stench other

than pure stubborness and a determination to remain deluded.

But, ah well, as we know, we humans are programmed to accept the big beautiful

lie while patting ourselves on the back for being so clever as to notice a few

small, nasty ones.