(urth) Like a good Neighbor

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Wed Nov 23 14:17:47 PST 2011

On 11/23/2011 5:00 PM, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes wrote:
> David Stockhoff wrote:
>
>> I'm not arguing for anything but its plausibility. I think it's a cool idea. I WANT to believe ... !
>> (He could be lying, but if so the inhumi have a whole ad campaign worked
>> out, complete with talking points to insert into unrelated conversations.
>> Which is entirely possible.)
> This, to me, is the strongest argument for believing that the inhumi
> fly through space. They may be liars, but they all tell the same story
> on this, and, unless you believe that they are in collusion, which is,
> I suppose, possible but seems to me to resemble a conspiracy theory
> like the Bavarian Illuminati controlling the Jewish Bankers, the
> Trilateral Commission, and the Jesuits -- unless, as I say, you
> believe that, or else the equally remarkable coincidence that they
> seem to all instinctively come up wiht the same story, then you must
> conclude that they are telling the truth and fly through space ...
> which is, indeed, a cool idea.

And also gives them a way to coevolve with the Neighbors on Blue.
Depending on the theory, one may imagine them crossing to feed on
Neighbors and becoming parasitic vines long before they fed on humans.
However, the Neighbors seem to know them in their inhumi form too,
though that may just be recognition.

(If the Neighbors are native to Green this all means nothing. The big
trees are there but the multilimbed species are all on Blue, so I have
no idea.)

Another point is that their lying is supposed to be a way to "become."
Evolutionarily, I assume this helps them join the society of their prey.
I'm not sure what the spaceflight story does except direct human
attention away from Pajarocu, which is already pretty remote and hidden.
(The lander goes back and forth most easily at conjunction, but that
explanation can only go back 20 years. Maybe that makes sense.) And it
doesn't help them "become."