(urth) Like a good Neighbor

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 23 09:58:29 PST 2011

My theory accounts for the fact that the recombinatorial power of the trees is incompletely bequeathed to their parasites, the lianas.  They make a more degenerate race, but the trees would still be "the parents" (Quetzal ponders that man has climbed up the tree in a myth in Long Sun, he just hasn't climbed down yet - this could be a double symbol for the whorl and for mankind's future state)

Without human blood, the lianas that feed on reptillian life would be reptillian: they are like what they eat.  Remember the war between the laurel and the vines mentioned in Empires of Foliage and Flower.