(urth) John C.Wright on Wolfe' "Unreliable Moral Narrative"

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 23 09:03:41 PST 2011

> Interesting. I've thought much the same thing about 5HOC. I'm not sure
> _Home Fires_ is special in this respect here; I've noted in the past
> that that theme is overt or covert in many of his stories and novels,
> most obviously _An Evil Guest_.
>

>David Stockhoff: Definitely. And various shorts as well, and of course all
>of Latro. Thank god his narrators are not judgmental bores (like Wright can be).

Heh. I did notice a socially conservative, anti-abortion stance in that article.
I could do with out that, but otherwise a clear and insightful analysis.

Wright even acknowleges that most other Wolfe fans have probably caught the social
commentary Wolfe makes in his stories by using the off-hand acceptance by the
narrator of prostitution, slavery, torture, bestiality, animal sacrifice, etc. I
think most of the fans on this list have noticed that, either directly or via
postings about it.