(urth) Pike's ghost

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 13:32:32 PST 2011

On 11/22/2011 3:24 PM, David Stockhoff wrote:

>>> António Pedro Marques wrote:
>>> '[T]he only one she finds is the Rajan' implying that the Rajan was
>>> present in some place at that particular moment in time, with no
>>> other Silk present in any place at that particular moment in time.
>
> Why is that not the Silk she is looking for?

Because she is looking for a Silk that Horn can bring to New Viron. If
she takes _this_ Silk then there will _be_ no New Viron. Also, Wolfe
seems to be excluding temporal paradoxes. Mucor will not make a decision
to take Silk into the future since he has to stay and finish the story
of The Book of the Long Sun.