(urth) Like a good Neighbor

Sergei SOLOVIEV soloviev at irit.fr
Mon Nov 21 13:57:42 PST 2011

My main objection is to the "binary logics" - pushing of everything to
absolute
extreme (absolute "yes" or "no"). How anybody acquires new abilities is
very interesting. But it is possible without dying.
E.g., Jorge Luis Borges started to write novels after he
was hit in the head. Mystics often compared their prophetic experience
with death. (Muhammad got the Quran in one second when he
had an epileptic fit. ) Some traces of this remain in the ritual
when somebody becomes monk - he has to die to the world, his name
is changed etc.

Sergei Soloviev