(urth) Like a good Neighbor

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Mon Nov 21 11:47:46 PST 2011

On 11/21/2011 2:12 PM, Gerry Quinn wrote:
> *From:* David Stockhoff <mailto:dstockhoff at verizon.net>
> > On 11/21/2011 1:42 PM, Gerry Quinn wrote:
>
> > > He *is* an obvious problem. James previously argued that he was a
> > > Neighbour who replaced Horn, and that fits okay with his theory. But
> > > if it can’t be that Neighbour, it must be someone else, and the
> > > question is who? If it was another Neighbour, why did he leave him
> > > stuck in the pit to die again? Why didn’t he say anything?
>
> > Why are those problems? Did you read anything I proposed on those
> topics?
> I saw nothing but gnomic questions and inane sarcasm. They are
> problems unless the ‘rescue Horn’ mission proposed by James is
> scripted by the Marx Bothers.

That may explain why you're so hostile---you read looking for sarcasm.

And btw James did not propose a "rescue mission." To even say that says
more about you than you realize.

You still haven't explained why they are problems. You may also not
realize this, but to propose a theory you need to actually state your
position on a few basic things. I see why you haven't, because then your
assumptions would be vulnerable.

See, I still don't know why you think those are problems for James's
(and my, and Marc's) theory. You dodged it again, this time pleading
incomprehension.

Why are they problems?

> Neighbor
> > > I think James is proposing that a Neighbour’s spirit went into him,
> > > presumably rendering that particular Neighbour hors de combat.
>
> > Presumably, yes. Based on .... ?
> One body per soul, that kind of thing. Sure, you can argue around it,
> and say the Neighbour made a copy of himself and injected it into Horn
> as a new soul. And then left him in the pit with no water. Why not?
> Those crazy, crazy Neighbours. They’ll do anything for a lark.

For example, your "theory" assumes that "Neighbors are exactly like
humans." Good luck defending that.