(urth) Like a good Neighbor

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 10:48:29 PST 2011

On 11/21/2011 12:42 PM, Gerry Quinn wrote:

> I think James is proposing that a Neighbour's spirit went into him,
> presumably rendering that particular Neighbour hors de combat.

What an absurd presumption. I would never make it. Certainly, not
considering Horn is going to soon meet a Neighbor who claims his name is
also "Horn". There is no reason that the Neighbor who repairs Horn's
body would not be seen by his body and recorded to memory.  I don't
prefer that scenario, but it is possible.

Even regarding other people's theories on Wolfe's stories, you are bound
by self-imposed walls of what is possible.