(urth) Like a good Neighbor

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Mon Nov 21 08:54:23 PST 2011

On 11/21/2011 11:40 AM, Gerry Quinn wrote:
> *From:* David Stockhoff <mailto:dstockhoff at verizon.net>
>
> > Gerry, are you saying a man can't be thirsty twice before he has a
> drink?
> When he came to himself and sat up (after a period in which he was not
> really conscious at all – his spirit wasn’t present, as he puts it),
> he was “terribly thirsty”. [Also cold and full of pain, which he
> mentions first.]
> Some days went by, in which (as he tells us) he desperately tried to
> scrape droplets of dew from the walls.
> When the long-nosed man came and sent him on his astral jaunt, he told
> Nettle that he was “dying of thirst”. Not that he was “terribly thirsty”.

Are you asking when Horn died, or when he saw Nettle? That is related
after Krait comes, so it could be after Krait comes. It could be earlier
too.

And what's the difference between "dying" and "terribly"? I guess he
didn't tell Nettle he was cold, so he must have been nice and toasty
warm at that point. Right?