(urth) Like a good Neighbor

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Mon Nov 21 08:24:44 PST 2011

On 11/20/2011 10:04 PM, Lee Berman wrote:
> Were you unaware of James' theory that Silk is combined with the
> essence of a Neighbor (who are faerie and fauns). If you grasp that
> Silk was possessed by The Outsider, who is akin to Dionysus, you
> wouldn't struggle and become so frustrated by it. Nobody expects you
> to understand the Dionysisan connection to the trinity but
> Neighbor=faun is perfectly within your abilities. I swear.

For that matter, it is really easy to imagine the Green Man (Man of
Green?) in his natural habitat, behaving very much like a faun. He's not
quite a fairy, as those people are beings of power and pomp. Fauns have
none. But he lives in the green wood like a being more of it than in it.

Neighbors do seem to be a little of both. I'm skeptical of conflating
them, but fauns are plainly an important literary forerunner to the Sun
Cycle.