(urth) Like a good Neighbor

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Sun Nov 20 11:39:10 PST 2011

From: Marc Aramini

      > Uhh ... the chapter is titled "the end" and it says "the best part of my life was oveer.
      > The pit was its grave".  In addition, doesn't she say he was dead?  come on man
      > there are at least some disturbing deathly images.

      That’s why I qualified “indicates” with “strongly”.

      As for the first, he says the best part of his life was over, indicating that a worse part was to come.  And indeed, he spent days lying semi-conscious, thirsting and abandoned in a pit, then betrayed his family to the inhumi to get out, then not too long after got kidnapped to a hell planet and killed.  So it sounds like a fair assessment.

      Seawrack thought he was dead, but she, while she may have been born human, knows nothing of humans (*except* perhaps ones that are lured by sirens and are quickly killed).

      So yes, some deathly images.  But no reason to think he actually died then, IMO.

      - Gerry Quinn