(urth) Like a good Neighbor

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Sun Nov 20 11:04:27 PST 2011

From: Lee Berman

> > Gerry Quinn: The ‘glittering eyes’ he sees while lying semi-conscious,
> >  and the ‘long nosed man or spider’ that he apparently sees with his eyes
> > closed are presumably Neighbours.

> Hm, yep. Gerry weren't you asking for fauns a while back? I think you've
> found them. Add some bristly hair on the arm to those eyes and that
> snout and multi-limbs for their faerie/Pan multiple images and Neighbors
> make some pretty good fauns.

Or add fins and blowholes and they make pretty good whales.  So you’re saying that Silk is a Neighbour?  Because, IIRC, it was Silk you were identifying with a faun.

> Moreover, Silk(y hair)+ Horn(s) also make a nice faun equation (add Hoof
> and Hide if you like). Thus the origin of Silver Silk and Silent Silk-

Whales have silky foreskins (Aristotle Onassis used them for cushions on his yacht).  Thus we bring in the phallus theme too.  And narwhals have horns.

Ah, yes. Very like a whale.

- Gerry Quinn