(urth) Fwd: Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 15:18:17 PST 2011

> I was reading shakespeare today and the term huswife came up, and I realized it was just a form of house: I think Babbie is like a spirit house.

Yeah, I knew it was Scandinavian for house. And I understood that the word referred to Babbie's ability to take in souls. It's just that the whole thing seemed rather overt for a Wolfe naming  MO.

> Also, your contention that Horn is part neighbor is good, I am just not sure he is fully neighbor and fully human in that way. He is still spiritually inferior to Silk even after his time in the pit: a self-serving man.
>

> If the neighbor portion of him is there, it has not made him "better" in the way that Silk is good, so I can't quite liken it to the condition of Christ being fully human and fully divine.  I will on my next re-read of Short Sun, probably next year, pay careful attention to hints that he is or is not a neighbor, but I am still sticking with the external neighbor Horn paradigm for now as something distinct from the resurrected Horn, I need to look at the text holistically again. (fasting was a trait of Silk when he was scared of being selfish)

Well okay. But there is a long period while he is on the Whorl that he does come off very Silkish. He does strike that man I