(urth) Fwd: Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 17:42:13 PST 2011

> "Possibly the Mother's worshippers cast their sacrifices into the
> waves instead of burning them. (I do not know, and offer the
> suggestion as a mere guess.) "  [OBW, Ch.6, where I've got to now.]
> If the Rajan is any part Neighbour, that part is completely amnesiac.
> Too much amnesia to go around.  He's not a Neighbour.

Why do you think a Neighbor should be an expert on Mother's worshippers?
I'm not claiming the narrator ever was one.

Secondly, this shows remarkable nativity regarding the concepts Wolfe is
dealing with...
"But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of
heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only."

Thirdly, he was a young Neighbor (all those little trees in that broken
glass dome).

Finally, I offer Able. Some people argued that it was odd that he was
able to become an accomplished archer so quickly. Wolfe's answer was,
"Well remember he's spent some years in Aelfrice." So why do he display
such ignorance of the place throughout the novel?