(urth) H'mmm

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 18 08:36:29 PST 2011

>Gerry Quinn: Marc has referred to genetic templates, hybridisation and suchlike.
>It’s not unreasonable or unfair to ask what he means by them.

Fair enough. Marc may not appreciate me saying this,  but I have sometimes wondered if
his sometimes overly literal interpretations and provision of unnecessary scientific
detail were partially driven by his past on this board. This place used to be overrun
with atheist warriors who insisted on such "proof". Of course no matter how much was
provided, it was never, ever enough to please them into even a smidgeon of grudging
acceptance.

>I don’t believe there are any ‘atheist warriors’ here

Like Ushas, this board has been cleansed of the worst offenders but a minor demon or two
remain.

>there may be some individuals who think any nonsense is equally good when religion is
>being discussed.

I sincerely hope not. I think everyone contributing here is intelligent, educated and of
sound mind and good intention. Such people are not capable of putting years of effort into
composing and contributing "nonsense".

If there is anyone who does think the contributions of other thoughtful, intelligent people
are nonsense, or that others are stupid idiots, that person does not belong here. It is the
responsibility of all human beings to respect the intelligence of others and also to accept
that they may not always be able to follow the thoughts of others.