(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Thu Nov 17 17:03:30 PST 2011

On 11/17/2011 7:21 PM, James Wynn wrote:

>>>  James Wynn wrote:
>>> The question (maybe) you are posing is..."why is Silk the phallus?"
>>> That is, why was Silk chosen to supplement what was still missing
>>> after Pas's resurrection?
>>
>> David Stockhoff wrote:
>> Well, why Silk, AND why the phallus?
>
> Well, um, you know it's not a literal phallus, right? It was Osiris
> that was pieced together except his junk. You asked how many parts
> and, I just looked it up-- it was 14. The phallus was the missing 14th
> part. She made phallus for him out of gold.

I know now! ;)

I see---the phallus was special.

> Why do I say Silk was the phallus? Because his contribution is added
> well after Pas's resurrection. Pas is busy blasting Echidna and
> chasing Hierax and Scylla all over tarnation. Presumably he has enough
> to be powerful, but maybe not enough to be stable. So...recognizing
> the story of Osiris here, it looks to me that Silk is the 14th part.
> Additionally, when Silk is pondering something, he draws little
> circles on his cheek. I have notes from my first reading in which I
> wrote "Circles...gold?" (The alchemical symbol for gold is a circle.)

ahhh...

> Another potential connection for Oreb being possessed by Pas? After
> Isis found Osiris's body the first time, she hid it in the marshlands.
> There's some insight into the way I read Wolfe.

That's why you think Oreb might have had a piece of Pas.

>>> And THAT question is IMO among the strongest hints that Silk is a
>>> clone of Typhon. I don't like that. I want Silk to be the son of
>>> Typhon. But there it is.
>>
>> What was taken from Silk? Seems like there was a "small piece" in
>> Jaculu, and who knows what from Sand. If Silk had to be scanned, that
>> suggests he provided a bigger piece. That's significant.
>
> I think so. As Kypris-in-Chenille explained it, a human brain can hold
> only a small portion of a Mainframe god. A creature with a smaller
> brain, even less. So in order for enough of Pas to resurrect on the
> Mainframe you have to gather enough parts. The most logical
> explanation for me, as I said (and I really hate this), is that Silk
> is a clone of Typhon. They the gathering all the basic brain and
> personality patterns directly from a source.
>
> Since I believe that chem personalities are made from mindwiped scans
> of actual people, I'm going to posit that Sand is made from a scan of
> Typhon. And that that is why Silk had a disjointed epiphany that he
> and Sand were in some way brothers.

Bingo. That has always rung true to me. It's funny that you've figured
it out but don't like it!

Thus the whole brother-of-Chenille (who is really a female Auk AFAICT)
issue, as well as the physical appearance of Blood and Pike vs Silk.