(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 15:06:16 PST 2011

>> The question (maybe) you are posing is..."why is Silk the
>> >  phallus?" That is, why was Silk chosen to supplement what
>> >  was still missing after Pas's resurrection?
>> >  And THAT question is IMO among the strongest hints that
>> >  Silk is a clone of Typhon. I don't like that. I want Silk to
>> >  be the son of Typhon. But there it is.
> Marc Aramini wrote:
> Not following you here, James, in light of textual statements like, Pas wants a son to replace him (and does not a phallus represent the ability to MAKE AN OFFSPRING?)

Ermmm...maybe. I suppose it COULD be taken that way. I was thinking of
the issue narratively rather than thematically. Why was it necessary for
SILK to be transported to Mainframe, scanned, and to have one of the
heads of Pas replaced with his own? The most obvious answer to me is
that Silk is in someway the raw material for Pas. So he is used to
supplement him.

Think of it like in Jurassic Park where they supplemented the missing
DNA of dinosaurs with frog DNA. Only in this case, it seems likely to me
that it was more like supplementing the missing dinosaur DNA with the
DNA of an actual dinosaur.