(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 17 13:11:51 PST 2011

>Gerry Quinn: What you seem to be saying here is that anyone who disagrees
>that lianas and inhumi are biologically connected is lying or stupid or both.
>That says more about you than about me.

Not at all since those are your words, not mine. Don't worry Gerry. Nobody thinks
you are stupid. And "lying" is such a harsh word. I think playacting is much nicer.
If you are worried about your staged pose being too apparent at this time, that
could be a legitimate concern.

It isn't really your disagreement which I would consider playacting. It is more your
assertion that such a clear and understandable idea as James' is so ridiculous as to be
out of the realm of possible interpretations. There is a little part of your brain which
knows that is a clever and insightful idea and that it may well represent what Wolfe intended.
But there is  another part of your brain which, in the heat of battle, refuses to allow you
to acknowledge that in writing. Hence the act. C'mon. We are all friends here! A little
truth never hurt anyone.