(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 11:03:24 PST 2011

On 11/17/2011 11:55 AM, David Stockhoff wrote:
> On 11/17/2011 12:28 PM,
>>

>>> James Wynn wrote:
>>> I assume he was possessed. Since black birds are sacred to Pas,
>>> Hierax, and Tartaros but only one of these has "died", I consider
>>> the death
>>> a signal that it is Pas possessing Oreb.
>>>

>> Dan'l Danehy-Oakes wrote:
>> But the fact that Pas is dead at that point seems to me to make it
>> unlikely that he could possess Oreb, no?
>>

> David Stockoff wrote:
> Tartarus, the dark god of black animals who worked to revive Pas,
> seems a more likely suspect.

I kind of like the idea of Pas on the business end of a sacrifice. Also,
there is the whole (quite intentional) Osiris motif in which Isis
(Kypris) has to run around gathering parts of the god after he has been
murdered. We have Patera Jaculus and we probably have Sand. I'd like
more parts. There's Silk, but he's the phallus part that was missing
that has to be added after his resurrection.