(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 07:41:49 PST 2011

--- On Thu, 11/17/11, James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> When Neighbors touch they "share blood".  Just as when
> the Rajan shakes hand with the enemy colonel and he can
> suddenly hear Seawrack's singing.
> When the "other" Horn says "I am Horn, too" the narrator
> says he realized he was being paid a great compliment. He's
> not "doubled" because the Neighbor was already there. It is
> only Horn's identity (maybe his memories) that they have
> shared.

I don't think a touch is sharing blood.  But being consumed in a maw probably is.  The island made of giant herbs strikes a feeling of forboding in Horn, remember.

Can you prove a touch is sufficient to share blood?  Remember their handshake is a deal that the neighbors can return (ie - share blood with more humans in my interpretation, a bit sinister, at worst being eaten, at best being used as a genetic template)